Top News

Bob Odenkirk recalls near-death experience on 'Better Call Saul' sets: 'I was gone. I turned grey'
ETimes | May 18, 2026 8:39 AM CST

Bob Odenkirk is opening up like never before about his near-death experience while filming the final season of ' Better Call Saul '. Recalling getting a heart attack on the film sets, the actor revealed that it was much more serious than the tabloids amde fans believe back in 2021.




While promoting his film 'Normal', Odenkirk spoke to The Times U.K. and reflected on the 2021 incident on the New Mexico sets. “I went down and Rhea Seehorn and Patrick Fabian grabbed me and they were screaming, but the crew members who noticed thought they were laughing,” Odenkirk said. “So there were delays in reacting because we were all so far apart from each other.”




The actor, who earned widespread acclaim for his portrayal of Saul Goodman in 'Better Call Saul', the prequel to 'Breaking Bad', said that he regained consciousness in the hospital and learned the details of the incident. He revealed, "I was gone. I turned grey." He also claimed that the medic on the sets "didn’t know what to do. He’d never done CPR."




He further revealed that he had no memory of the medical emergency, sharing, “The first memory I have is leaving the hospital a week after I got there.”




Following the health scare, he revealed that the recovery process left him with a renewed appreciation for life. "That was such a gift, to experience a few weeks where I felt that way about my presence in the world," Odenkirk said. "I felt just very, very delighted and engaged."




In July 2021, Odenkirk collapsed on the set of 'Better Call Saul' and was rushed to the hospital following what his representatives described as a “heart-related incident.” The actor later underwent a stent procedure and has since made lifestyle changes, including adjustments to his diet and medication regimen.


READ NEXT
Cancel OK