Top News

Trump Warns Iran: ‘Agree To A Deal Or Face Some Nasty Things’
Vinita Bhat | May 21, 2026 12:11 AM CST

US President Donald Trump on Wednesday said negotiations with Iran had entered the “final stages”, while warning that Washington could launch fresh attacks if Tehran refuses to strike a deal.

Speaking to reporters, Trump said he was still giving diplomacy a chance despite recent tensions and military escalation in the region. “We’re in the final stages with Iran. Either we have a deal or we’re going to do some things that are a little bit nasty,” he said.

The remarks come six weeks after Trump paused Operation Epic Fury under a ceasefire arrangement. Efforts to end the conflict, however, have made little headway so far.

Trump also revealed that he had recently come close to authorising additional strikes on Iran, but decided against immediate military action to allow more time for negotiations. “We’re going to give this one shot. I’m in no hurry,” he said, adding that he would prefer a peaceful outcome over further bloodshed.

Iran, meanwhile, accused Trump of preparing to reignite the conflict and issued a sharp warning against any future military action. In a statement, Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said any renewed aggression against Tehran would trigger retaliation extending “beyond the region” this time.


READ NEXT
Cancel OK