The Bar Council of India (BCI) has suspended the licence of advocate Samarth Singh with immediate effect over allegations linked to the death of his wife, Twisha Sharma.
In its order, the BCI noted that an FIR had been registered against Singh in connection with alleged dowry death, cruelty and related offences. The council said the allegations were serious and affected “the dignity and public image of the legal profession.”
The BCI also stated that Singh was allegedly absconding and not cooperating with the investigation.
Samarth Singh Withdraws Anticipatory Bail Plea
Samarth Singh, a graduate of the National Law School of India University who enrolled as an advocate in 2018, had earlier withdrawn his anticipatory bail application before the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
According to available information, Singh sought permission to surrender before the trial court.
The High Court also issued notice on the state government’s application seeking cancellation of anticipatory bail granted to his mother Giribala Singh, a former district judge.
Twisha Sharma Found Dead In Bhopal
According to reports, Twisha Sharma, a 33-year-old woman residing in Noida and a former Miss Pune winner, was found dead at her husband’s residence in Bhopal’s Katara Hills area on May 12.
The couple had reportedly met through a dating app about five months ago.
Family Alleges Domestic Violence, Harassment
Twisha Sharma’s family accused her in-laws of persistent domestic violence and harassment.
The family had also sought a second postmortem to ascertain the exact cause of her death.
The Madhya Pradesh High Court on Friday allowed the petition seeking a second autopsy.
FIR Registered Against Husband And Mother-In-Law
The Katara Hills police registered an FIR against Samarth Singh and his mother on charges related to dowry harassment and abetment to suicide.
-
'They said twelve months, I returned in five': Michail Antonio reflects on his devastating car accident and Diogo Jota tragedy

-
Croatia confirm final 26-man squad for FIFA World Cup 2026 under Zlatko Dalic

-
Michael Carrick expresses pride after being named permanent Manchester United head coach until 2028

-
Reece James injury update: Chelsea defender's hamstring issue sidelines him again

-
England announce 26-man squad for 2026 World Cup: Jude Bellingham and Noni Madueke selected, Phil Foden and Cole Palmer omitted from Thomas Tuchel’s lineup
