The Suns shored up their starting power forward spot when they traded Grayson Allen, Royce O’Nealeand a first-round pick for Miles Bridgesa first-round pick, and a second-round pick this summer.
Even though Phoenix and Bridges have yet to come to terms on an extension, it appears that they’re planning on keeping him around long-term, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst (hat-tip PHNX Suns).
“(Phoenix) not only has an intent to pay him, but they have an intent to really give him a big role,” Windhorst said, adding that Bridges will try to wait and extend his contract later.
The Suns have several young power forwards on the roster in second-year player Rasheer Fleming and rookie Koa Peabut Bridges remains the only natural power forward with real NBA experience.
Building around Bridges does bring certain challenges, though. The athletic 6’6″ forward had a down year with the Hornets last year, as his scoring dropped below 20 points per game for the first time since the 2020/21 season. He has shot 33.1% from three over the last four seasons, and his defense can be inconsistent, but he brings an element of transition play that the team could use, especially alongside athletic guard Jalen Green.
Bleacher Report’s Jake Fischer also expects the Suns to extend Bridges following the trade and the new deal they gave Dillon Brooks (video link), though he didn’t go so far as to say when he expected such a deal to go through.
-
CBSE Verification And Re-Evaluation 2026: Class 10 Applications Close Tomorrow At cbse.gov.in; Check Details Here

-
Bangladesh Says Teesta Water Dispute Should Not Damage Friendly Ties With India, Pushes For River Restoration Project

-
The five leading contenders for the 2026/27 Premier League title

-
Taurus Horoscope Today, August 18, 2026: Keep Distance from Deceitful People, Professionals Will Do Well

-
GHMC official caught taking Rs 20K bribe for building permit
