Top News

Nokia said to shut down nearly all sites in mainland China by year end
Sandy Verma | August 20, 2026 5:24 PM CST

Nokia’s logo is displayed before GSMA’s 2023 ahead of the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain Feb. 26, 2023. Photo by Reuters

​Nokia plans to cut most ‌of its workforce in mainland China and close sites in ​stages by year end, according to sources cited by ​the South China Morning Post.

A spokesperson for the Finnish telecom equipment maker said the group has communicated earlier that it has been taking steps to better align its operations in China with its ‌global ⁠operations, and that its China business has steadily declined in recent years.

“Thus, we are adjusting our ⁠operational footprint in China to address this reality,” the spokesperson said in an ⁠email.

Nokia did not immediately give any further detail on ⁠the changes.



READ NEXT
Cancel OK