Manchester United have reportedly joined the battle to sign Racing Santander talent Jorge Salinas, while the club have also been ‘offered’ another option at left-back.
The Red Devils have already completed four signings so far, with Andrey Santos (£48m, Chelsea), Karl Darlow (free, Leeds United), Youri Tielemans (£35m, Aston Villa) and Tynan Thompson (£8m, Tottenham) all arriving.
Man Utd are also said to be ‘closing in’ on a deal for Brighton midfielder Carlos Baleba, which would make him their third midfield addition of the summer, with The Athletic’s David Ornstein having broken that development on Wednesday.
Baleba would become their fifth signing of the window, with Italian transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano stressing that “there is still no agreement” between the two clubs, although Manchester United remain “optimistic”.
Romano said: “Negotiations were ongoing in the last 24 hours again for Carlos Baleba. As of tonight, there is still no agreement, Manchester United-Brighton, but they will be in contact again in the next hours.
“The feeling remains that Manchester United are very close to Baleba. There is still no club-to-club agreement, but it’s getting closer.
“There is a conversation about the deal, the structure of the deal, including the add-ons.
“So the deal is absolutely on for Carlos Baleba to join Manchester United. The conversation continues.
“Manchester United are optimistic to get one more.”
Now, Infobae reports that Man Utd have ‘entered the bidding’ for Racing Santander’s Salinas as they continue their search for a left-back this summer.
The report states: ‘This delay has allowed a major player to enter the negotiations with force. Manchester United has fully entered the bidding and is threatening Atlético de Madrid’s chances. Consequently, the Madrid club has set a deadline this week to finalise the signing.
‘FC Barcelona, for its part, has been pursuing the player the longest, but a rejected initial offer of six million euros and the return of João Cancelo to replace Balde at right-back have led them to withdraw from the race.’
It is understood that Racing Santander want any interested club to activate Salinas’ €16m release clause and will not accept a lower fee.
Manchester United are also considering alternative options, with reliable journalist Ben Jacobs revealing that RB Leipzig left-back David Raum has been ‘offered’ to the Red Devils as well as Salinas.
Jacobs said on The United Stand: “They [Manchester United] have been offered Raum and Salinas.”
Marcus Rashford’s return to Man Utd, after Barcelona chose not to exercise their option on the England forward, is currently restricting the Red Devils in the transfer market.
And former Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha believes Rashford’s reintegration into the Manchester United squad could threaten to disrupt the Red Devils’ start to the new season.
Onuoha said on The Sports Agents: “But the biggest issue still, this is based on sentiment that I’ve seen, is I get the feeling Michael Carrick wants to reintegrate Marcus Rashford.
“Marcus Rashford is a big, big talking point I believe amongst United fans. Because some are okay with him, but some are adamant they do not want him at the football club.
“So, Carrick now, with the goodwill that he has, needs to both manage a player, manage a group, and manage a fan base over something which maybe they don’t see eye-to-eye on.”
-
Laurie Whitwell says Manchester United could use Carlos Baleba in an unexpected new role

-
NITI Aayog Report Reveals: Only 8.25% of Graduates Secure Jobs Relevant to Their Education

-
Rule Changed for Becoming a Civil Judge: 1 Year of Legal Practice Now Required Instead of 3

-
Government Takes Major Action Against Google Firebase; Hundreds of Accounts to be Shut Down

-
Hydrogen Train: Hydrogen trains to run in the mountains—where will they operate?
