Kerala Secretariat's 'protest gate' opened after 10 years
Metro Vaartha | May 20, 2026 3:39 AM CST
Thiruvananthapuram | The Kerala Secretariat's North Gate, known as the 'protest gate', had been lying closed for the last 10 years of LDF rule in the state.
Amongst the many changes, like having a minimal security motorcade while travelling, brought by Chief Minister V D Satheesan after assuming power, the latest one was to open the North Gate on Tuesday and drive out through it.
He referred to it in a Facebook post, where he said that the gate was being opened after a long time.
He said that according to the media it was being opened after a gap of 10 years.
"Exiting through the North Gate," he said in the post along with which he attached a photograph of his official vehicle driving out from the secretariat through the gate.
READ NEXT
-
There cannot be a sub-category within the permanent category: G4 nations on veto in reformed UNSC

-
Vaibhav Sooryavanshi Joins India A Squad After Stellar IPL Performance

-
Chanmari FC Stages Late Comeback to Draw with Rajasthan United in IFL Thriller

-
New Brush Fire Erupts in Chino Hills Area

-
Royal fans issue major complaint about Meghan Markle's wedding photo dump
