Top News

Bombshell Andrew update as Sky News halts for major breaking alert
Reach Daily Express | February 20, 2026 3:39 AM CST

Sky News came to a halt to issue another bombshell update on Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. The former Duke of York was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office earlier today, on his 66th birthday. If found guilty, the maximum sentence for misconduct in public office is life imprisonment. Hours after Andrew's arrest, Sky News presenter Gareth Barlow interrupted the programme to announce that former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown has said he has submitted "new and additional information" to the police in response to Andrew's arrest.

He said: "I just want to bring you a bit of breaking political reaction and development regarding this story. This is a statement from former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown, who writes the following: 'I have submitted a five-page memorandum to Metropolitan, Sussex, Surrey, Thames Valley and other relevant UK police constabularies.

'This memorandum provides new and additional information to that I submitted last week to the Met, Essex and Thames Valley police forces, where I expressed my concern that we secure justice for trafficked girls and women.'"

Barlow was joined by Amanda Akass, who shared further details on the update.

"He has given a number of interviews when he's talked about the fact that he wanted to see Andrew Mountbatten-Winsdor re-interviewed by police and the police to reopen their investigation into allegations of women being trafficked through UK airports," she said.

"He said that he was calling for this after spending around a week himself going through the Epstein files in great detail, saying he was appalled by what he read there.

"Hearing today's news about the arrest has prompted him to come out with this statement. He says that's additional information to what he's already submitted."

Ensure our latest showbiz headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us a Preferred Source. Click here to activate or add us as Preferred Source in your Google search settings.

Akkas pointed out that Mr Brown is a "weighty and influential figure" within UK politics, and acknowledged the significance in his connection with this situation because he appointed Peter Mandelson to his cabinet in 2008.

She added: "It was during that time that there are aspects of the Epstein files that have been released that seem to suggest that Peter Mandelson had passed sensitive financial information onto Jeffrey Epstein."

Following his brother's arrest, King Charles issued a statement, saying "the law must take its course."

He said: "I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.

"In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all. Charles R."


READ NEXT
Cancel OK